On this page:
The House of Prayer is based at Greenholme, a 6.5-acre smallholding in Bewcastle on the English Borders, the heart of the Debatable Lands, 14 miles NE of Carlisle. You can find us at CA6 6PW, NGR NY544747
To get in touch with or find out further information please contact:
info (at) BewcastleHouseOfPrayer.org.uk
- Revd Dr Robert Brown
- CA6 6PW
- Tel: 016977 48438
Our number is ill-defined, comprising many parishioners, some more involved than others, as well as those who come and spend time with us. The principal instigators, however, are
Reverend Dr Robert Brown is married to Adele. They have 3 grown-up children. He is the (part time) Priest-in-Charge of the Benefice of Bewcastle, Stapleton, and Kirklinton with Hethersgill. His doctorate is in systematic theology (ecclesial ontology). He is also a Chartered Environmentalist and Chartered Water and Environment Manager and still works part time as a consultant hydrologist. He did his ministerial training at Cranmer Hall, University of Durham and was ordained in Durham Cathedral as deacon in 2003 and as priest in 2004. He spent 5 years as a full-time parish priest in Upper Weardale, Durham Diocese. In 2008 he moved to Carlisle Diocese to experiment with setting up a rural minster. The diocese was unable to fund such an uncertain venture, so the project had to become self-funded. Rob also plays the whistle, guitar and bodhran.
He can be contacted at Robert.Brown (at) BewcastleHouseOfPrayer.org.uk
You can help us by…
- Sharing your ideas. Contribute something to the website.
- Getting in touch. Let us know what you think. What interests you about the vision?
- Time – there’s still lots of research of various sorts required
- Skills – we need legal advice on trusts etc. and welcome a range of skills. Also help with planning (permissions), building (lightly), growing (food), energy (generating).
- Money – we are trying to raise funds to build a straw-bale animal barn. Can you help?
- Willing hearts and hands – when the time comes there’ll be lots for everyone to do
- Receiving. A praying community of which to be a part. Good friends. A space to be and to be a blessing
Get in touch – email us at info (at) BewcastleHouseOfPrayer.org.uk
If you have donated, thank you very, very much. PLEASE get in touch so we can keep you informed of any developments. But only if you want!
In the event that we do not raise sufficient funds and have to close the account, all remaining proceeds will be split between various Christian registered charities.